Friday, September 21, 2018

The Really Low Water Fountain

A few weeks ago the city installed a new water fountain on the main street here in Triana. Recently, I noticed that not only are there high and low fountains for accessibility, but there's a really low fountain... for dogs:


Hey, it's a hot city and there are a lot of dogs!

***

La Puente de Isabel II (our bridge, the best one) was particularly lovely this evening as I read down by the river:
If you have a really sharp eye, you can see some tents being erected on the far side of the river. Not sure what the occasion is, but we'll probably find out tomorrow. Might be a big deal, there seemed to be a lot more traffic today than usual around here.

***

We took the bus up to Carrefour this morning. We went looking for a reusable ice pack since I've got a muscle that's been bugging me after my morning runs. We found one, but it's not ideal. I think it's mostly for use in coolers not for putting on sore muscles. We'll probably just amazon.es ourselves a more appropriate one.

***

Math was good. I found a couple more useful references. One that discusses centroids of convex polytopes and another that shows how to compute centroids using boundary integrals. I have an idea about how to glue these ideas together to get at some stability results for the Lloyd algorithm on convex polytopes.

***

Laundry tomorrow so we'll be ready to go up to Madrid on Sunday morning. I need clothes for the week since I fly to Miami on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment