Monday, October 29, 2018

Hace mucho frio

We learned some weather phrases in Spanish class today. But I still don't know enough to tell you that it was cold this morning. I can only tell you that it is cold now, "hace frio ahora." Apparently, for this morning, I need to use a past participle. Moving on. It was clear, breezy and cool today. On the way home from class, in the late afternoon light, I noticed the Sevilla side of the river was beautifully reflected in the multi-paned window of the riverside restaurant that rests on the west end bridge abutment in Triana:


***

I'm nearly done with the current paper I'm writing. At this stage, I get so OCD about the writing, I have a hard time doing anything else. I'll be happy to get it submitted and to move on to other things.

***

The extra hour from the time change has messed me up. I didn't sleep too well last night. Hopefully, being tired now from not sleeping well, I'll sleep like a rock tonight.

***

Did a little laundry and tidied up the house a bit today. We have friends, Scott and Shelley, staying with us for a couple of day while they tour around greater Spain. They're in Granada now and come to Sevilla tomorrow evening. It'll be nice to catch up with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment