Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Real Alcazar

I went back to being a tourist today and visited the Real Alcazar, the royal palace here in Sevilla, with Scott and Shelley. Here are a few pictures. These low fountains in an islamic style. Southern Spain is always a mix of Christian and Islamic influences:


The king's garden. It's good to be king:




Scott and Shelley:


One of the boundary walls, gotta keep out the riff-raff:


Another fountain:


This guy doesn't need a sword, just a club, or as Scott noted, "a jamon". For ever after, we referred to him as "jamon man":

The throne room. The ceiling here as amazing, but I couldn't get a good photo:


Whenever you visit places in Europe, don't forget to look up:




We also walked over to the Plaza de Espana, but I didn't take any pictures, but if you're want to see pictures, I like these from my earlier blog post.

***

We finished the day at a fun and tasty restaurant called Zoko. Great presentation, great food. Laura ordered a tuna dish. Seared at the table:


The presentation was amazing:


I had chicken curri. The side is red couscous:


I would definitely go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment