Thursday, December 6, 2018

Constitution Day

Other than the stores being closed, not much happened here in Sevilla to commemorate Constitution Day. The constitution of Spain, developed in the wake of the Spanish dictator Franco's death, was finally approved by a referendum of the people on Dec 6, 1978. This year marks the 40th anniversary of that referendum. One might think that an anniversary that is divisible by 10 would be special, but it doesn't appear to be. I suppose the 50th will be special, but I'm not likely to be in Spain for that. Although, who knows, after the US becomes a 3rd world country, maybe I'll immigrate to Spain.

***

The bridge was lovely this evening:



***

Sevilla takes its Christmas decorations very seriously. Each street has its own design for lights. I managed to snap this just walking around the neighborhood this evening (except for a couple that I added just to fill out the 3x3 square):

I don't like the rectangular ones as much as the others. But, to each his own I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment