Monday, December 10, 2018

Second-hand Smoke

Chestnut roasters are everywhere here. Would it be Scrooge-like to complain? I feel like there should be a surgeon general's warning about the dangers of second-hand chestnut roaster smoke. There are times when it lays over everything–like fog.



***

There were "carolers" on the street this evening. I recorded one whole song that really showed a flamenco style of voice. It opens with a flamenco style aria, then moves into a more traditional carol:






***

Spanish class was confusing today. Before going, I understood the difference between two of the past tenses "preterite perfect" and "preterite indefinite", then I didn't, but now I do again. Turns out my teacher uses different names for these tenses than the textbook I use at home. Luckily, I have Laura to explain these things to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment