Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Timelapse

I made a decision on where to submit the most recent paper and started my re-write. I spent most of the day on that (bad task switching again). While writing, I spent a bit of time getting to know the timelapse feature of the camera. I set it up with a tripod and an external battery in hopes of getting an hours-long timelapse of the sky from the bedroom balcony.






The legs of the tripod wrap around the railing of the balcony:


This generates a sequence of photos that I then stitch together using the ffmpeg program in linux. Some of the results have been good:


But I have noticed that the camera has been halting and freezing unexpectedly. I posted a message on the gopro forum about it. One of their people got back to me with some advice. I'll start testing that advice in the coming days.

***

Laura made an excellent vegetarian black bean soup today which I ended up eating for both lunch and dinner today.

***

I squared away my bike share account charge from a couple of days ago and was able to check out a bike today and ride it along the river again. It was windy and warm. Also the bikes are massively heavy. All in all, a good workout. I also managed to swap bikes before the half-hour ran out today. Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment