Saturday, April 13, 2019

Timeless

This is the usual lunchtime crowd outside of the small bar/restaurant in front of our building:


There is probably nothing that characterizes Sevilla more for me than this. People standing around, drinking beer, talking, outside one of the hundreds of such establishments throughout the city. Also, there's a sense of timelessness about this scene. I'll wager it's indistinguishable from the same scene 50 years ago and will be indistinguishable from the scene 50 years hence.

***

I finished up the last section of my paper today. The bulk of the work was creating this figure:

 

A couple of slow read throughs and I'll submit it.

***

Found a couple of potential gyms today, but they weren't open, so I'll finish scouting them on Monday. For exercise today, to avoid running, I rode a bike share for about an hour. Lovely weather. Thank goodness for the river path though, the streets and regular bike lanes were pretty crowded today.

No comments:

Post a Comment