Tuesday, May 7, 2019

A horse's life

The street where my gym is seems to be the strategic place to park for a few horse-drawn carriages during this week of feria. In addition to dressing up for feria, la alta costura seems to be to arrive at the feria grounds by carriage. Between trips, this spot, which is close to la feria and shaded in the afternoon seems a popular place for the carriages:


On the way out of the gym today, I captured this photo of a young girl petting one of the horses while the coach drivers chatted with each other.

***

Language class for Laura is a bit wonky this week. She had class from 11:30-2:30 today. She managed to make some lemon cupcakes before class and carted them off to the school at about 11:10:


***

I noticed this little tile sketch above a shoe shop today while walking. I liked it, so I thought I'd share it:


***

I managed to get a couple of clustering algorithms to work today. Now the big thing is to figure out why the clusters are what they are. All the examples in books are on 2 or 3 dimensions. My data has about 90 dimensions. Any kind of explanation of clusters will need to be analytical, not visual. There do seem to be some techniques out there for this purpose. I spent a lot of today reading about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment