Thursday, May 16, 2019

YAP

Yet Another Procession. Hearing loud fireworks overhead for the better part of a half hour this afternoon, I was wondering what the heck was going on. When Laura got home from class, she said there was another procession going on. They do like their processions here in Sevilla.

***

The Galilean thermometer was damaged in shipping, so I ordered a replacement:


It arrived today. It's all glass and a wonder that these items ever survive shipping. This one is intact. I'm going to ship the damaged one back tomorrow using the packaging that this one came in.

***

The days are getting longer and longer here as we approach the summer solstice:


***

Learned a bit about my clustering problem today. Turns out the clusters were mostly sorting the students by their grade point averages. I'm going to try a different approach tomorrow by normalizing the grade point vectors and hope for more interesting clusters.

No comments:

Post a Comment