Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Old pastry

The zipper on my light jacket broke, so Laura and I went on a shopping expedition this morning for a new jacket. We went over to the new mall and made a perfunctory attempt to shop, all the while knowing we would end up in Primark. I found something light, but warm and maybe a bit water resistant for about 20 euros. Should get me through the rest of the season, though there could be some challenges in Baltimore and Delaware next week depending on how cold it gets while I'm there.

Other than that, pretty normal day. I did some math early. I've been computing centroids in different metrics. I keep looking around for references on this, but haven't found any yet. I went out for a run when Laura left for class at 4pm. The weather is usually warm enough by then to run in shorts and a light shirt.

I got back and continued with some math. Also, started a conversation with Russ Gordon via email and finished it with a phone call. It was good to catch up with him.

Laura got home and made refried beans. We had bean burritos for dinner. Very tasty.

For dessert, I remembered the pastry that Mario and Palma brought us the day before we left for El Chorro. I had the foresight to put it into an airtight container and then in the fridge. It held up amazingly well. The piece I had this evening was about as good as the day we got it. Yay! There might even be some left when Rachel gets back from Malaga on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment