Wednesday, March 13, 2019

New Camera

I've been wanting to experiment with some video and bought a GoPro from amazon.es. It came today and I've been experimenting with some of its features. It's an interesting device. On the video side, it's capable of 4K resolution at 120FPS. I found out that my relatively new Dell laptop (less than one year) is incapable of playing such videos. I'm mostly interested in long-form video of nature scenes, so I'm not really going to be able to do any actual photography until I get back to the US. I'll play around with it for regular photos and video for my remaining time here so that by the time I get back to the US I'll be ready to do more serious work.

Here's still of the Triana Bridge. Just out of the box, defaults, pretty crappy:


Here's a 4K, 60fps video of the bridge. It's on vimeo, not sure how faithful vimeo is to resolution and framerate:


***

I had Spanish class today, then went for a walk along the river. I noticed these two putting up a new pair of murals:


I'm not sure if they're related or independent of each other.

***

I worked on data science mostly today. Still playing around with the Whitman STEM degree data. Getting better at using pandas and python to manipulate the data.

No comments:

Post a Comment