Thursday, March 21, 2019

Spring

On this first full day of spring, I went to Parque de Maria Luisa to see what I could see. Turns out, there are a lot of flowers in full bloom here in Sevilla this time of year other than the azahar (orange blossom). I sat by this reflecting pool for a bit and read a book:


The smell of the orange blossoms was quite strong. When I got up and turned around, I saw why:


This tree is well on its way to having its leaves back:


The purple bougainvillea on this trellis were going strong:


The statue of Maria Luisa herself presided over a varied display of flowers:


The sun was so bright, it washed out this photo of the north tower of the Plaza de Espana:


In one of the lesser parks on the way home, I noticed these red/orange flowers:


It was pleasantly cool today.

***

I mostly read elementary probability and statistics today. I'll get back to working on the paper tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment